Monday, April 5, 2010

Stuffed French Toast

Sometimes I wake up early on a weekend, and when that happens two things ensue: 1) I get SUPER excited once I have confirmed that it is indeed NOT a weekday, and 2) if enough energy is left over, I think about what to make for brunch.

With some left over strawberries from a previous dinner party and some day old bread, I decided to make stuffed french toast. Ironically, I was missing more ingredients than I had so this even meant a trip to the store (where the sales clerk now expects to see me buy some sort of cooking/baking supply at least once every weekend, and comments when I don't).


The french toast is made to have a crunchy almond crust in order to help offset the creamy topping which is a sour yet sweet strawberry, fig, and cream cheese filling. It was quite a good combination and a filling start to a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment