Monday, August 23, 2010

Fruit Tart

The season of fresh berries are upon us!
or atleast, it was...
I say "was" because with a deep sorrow in my heart, I have to admit that today I saw the first yellow leaves on a tree. GASP.
I think this must mean that Fall is creeping in on us, but I dare not say it too loudly as it may tempt fate. Thus, in the midst of this "northeastern" (translation: downpour) week, I think back to the summer days, when the heat from the oven while making this tart was unbearable, when I carried this tart over a friend's house in flip flops and a summer dress, and when this tart served as dessert to an outdoor summer BBQ and as backdrop to great company. On that summery night, it was loved by all, and there was not a single yellow leaf in sight. The end.



No comments:

Post a Comment