Saturday, May 15, 2010

Flourless dairy-free chocolate cake

We recently got invited to a BBQ hosted by one of our dear friends who has both a gluten and dairy allergy. I thought it would still be nice to make a dessert that she could eat rather than leave her out for convenience sake. After skimming through hundreds of sources, I soon realized there was a lack of recipes catered to such allergies (let alone BOTH), but I was determined to make something rich and chocolaty (her favorite ingredient).
Thus with what seemed like hundreds of substitutions such as that of maple syrup and coconut cream for butter, this came out.



I was nervous until the first bite but it passed the test with flying colors! Phew!
Now I wonder if the increasing rates of allergies in the US means the real market lies in starting a gluten free dairy free bakery. Anyone interested in being a future partner for this non-existent bakery?

1 comment: