Monday, January 17, 2011

Korean Dinner


I got casually reminded by a few of my friends that my blog has been a little neglected lately. I realize it's true but also had an impression that no one really read it so there was less guilt associated with letting the outdated pictures pile up...So, needless to say, I thank you all for reading and for giving me the little nudge that I needed.

I realized that a lot of things had happened which I failed to update you guys on, so I will start slowly..

We recently (not so recent, actually) had the job of hosting a Korean/Chinese fusion dinner for a few very important guests. Since the small pickled side dishes are a staple in every Korean meal and the source of judgment at any Korean restaurant, I started the "fermenting, pickling, marinating process" weeks in advance. As with most of these dishes, the time adds to the flavor and so for weeks, there were random bottles and jars and even TUBS of veggies "pickling" away in the fridge.
What's great is that these recipes are also handed down by word of mouth instead of well written recipes. So I called my mom and over the phone we came up with quite a few combinations and the best part was getting to "sample" them along the way.

Our spread was topped off with traditional Korean BBQ pork, Chinese dumplings, and scallions pancakes. Luckily, it was hit! Phew!!!

2 comments:

  1. That spread looks delicious--it's nice to see you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you made all these? That is amazing!! Admire... *_*

    ReplyDelete