Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sour Cream Cake


I was told that sour cream cakes were all the rage.
Mostly by Smitten Kitchen, Secret Ingredient, and the display case at Flour Bakery
so when it was time to whip up something fast, that's what I turned to. Following everyone else, I added a sour yet sweet blend for the topping using a yogurt sweet cream mixture and a sour raspberry puree. The result was delicious, light, and just the right balance of sweet and tart. The best thing is, in an unbiased taste-off against the professionals (David and I eating what they sold at Flour Bakery), the professional cake didn't match up to what we had at home. (Or at least that's what the unbiased judges concluded)
I'm sure there are many home-bakers out there who know exactly what this small triumph feels like. Wohoo followed by a mini-dance!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm so glad you guys liked the cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learn from the best (Yolanda). Let's open up our own bakery!

    ReplyDelete