Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chinese Dessert

To be honest, work life has been taking a toll. It's busy--too busy to breathe and realize how busy it really has been.
I keep dreaming about taking a few months off to go master my French, go to South America, or apprentice at a bakery.
For the last of my top three options, I find myself a little torn on what that would entail. As I play around with the French pastry recipes, I often find myself craving an Asian dessert the very next day. They're stark in contrast: the first super rich and very sweet based around butter, eggs and cream; and the latter softer, fluffier, with a mild sweetness based in whipped cream, egg yolk, or red bean and sesame seeds. I'm not sure which type of bakery I would want to work at, and few people know that I deep down I often ponder which one would be the right one to open. I joked that I should open an Asian bakery in Europe, but David and I both wondered just how much the two palettes overlap.


No comments:

Post a Comment