Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bone Soup Ramen

A traditional soup-based ramen dish; so simple, yet so DELICIOUS!

The secret is in the soup, which comes from hours and hours of simmering bone to create the perfect broth. When I went to a local Korean market and looked in the butcher's corner, I couldn't help but notice a bag of bones. Even better it was only $4! JACKPOT! I think the others might have thought I was crazy for being so excited, but who can hide such excitement?! (sarcasm)

So from the minute I got home, the bones went right into a large pot. 5 or 6 hours later, the soup base "felt" ready. We had ramen with beef, mushrooms, tofu, seaweed, topped with a poached egg and it was delicious. Even better is that it warmed us right up from the inside out on a cold winter's day.
What's great is that there was more soup base left. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment